Thank you for wanting to learn more about Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights. Since 2009, Royal Life Centers has been a leader in the treatment of substance use disorders. Started from humble beginnings, we now have eight multi-accredited facilitates across the United States. In order to suit a wide array of needs, Royal Life Centers offers a comprehensive network of locations throughout Washington and Arizona. Our multi-level treatment program services include medical detox, residential inpatient treatment, levels of aftercare, outpatient programming, as well as long-term sober living. Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights’ treatment program is formed on the basis of treating our guests with the utmost care and respect Because We Care.
Out of respect, we refer to anyone who stays with us as our guest. Our visitors are far more than just that—they are part of the Royal Life Family. Each and every guest receives personalized care and treatment because we know a one-size-fits-all approach is rarely effective in treating substance use disorder. Above all, long-term sobriety and well-being are top priorities for our guests.
All of our facilities have received multiple accreditations from some of the most widely recognized agencies in the industry. We at Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights are proud to not only meet but exceed the expectations put forth by each accrediting agency. The excellence and quality of our facilities show in our dedication to maintaining the high level of standards needed to maintain our accreditations.
Treatment Programs at Royal Life Centers
Royal Life Centers staffs our facilities with dedicated, caring, and compassionate medical professionals to best serve our guests. Also, much of our staff are in recovery themselves, allowing them to bond with guests on a more personal level. Our detox facility utilizes industry-leading practices to ensure the process is as safe and comfortable as possible. Depending on the severity of a guest’s addiction, and the substance of abuse, medical detox lasts four or eight days. After detox, guests move on to our residential inpatient program, which typically lasts between 14-30 days. Next, guests enter into our partial hospitalization program (PHP), followed by intensive outpatient (IOP), and finally, outpatient (OP). This multi-level approach to treatment has been proven effective in maintaining long-term sobriety for our guests.
Every guest of Royal Life Centers receives a customized treatment plan based on their own unique set of needs. No two people are alike, which is why our individualized program works so well. Along with their therapist, guests develop a treatment plan in order to maximize the effectiveness of their stay. Our holistic approach to treatment includes group and individual therapy, adventure, activity, as well as equine therapies.
Our Case Management Services
Royal Life Centers’ case management services provide another level of support services to our guests. Each guest is paired with a case manager that will be best suited to that individual’s needs. Our case managers assist guests with legal, employment, and personal issues that may arise before and during treatment. Additionally, we offer an elective GED initiative, which provides our guests with an opportunity to obtain their GED. We at Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights also place a strong emphasis on the importance of post-treatment employment. For this reason, we guide guests during the employment process, supplying resources, education, and connections to better help them reenter the job market. Our employment specialist meets with each guest regularly to make the task of finding a job as smooth as possible. Resume building, job readiness, and interview preparation are some of the ways in which we support our guests.
What Makes Us Different?
- Welcoming Community – Each center offers a sense of community that is extremely welcoming to the newcomer. So often those in recovery find it difficult to feel as if they truly belong somewhere. Upon arrival to the facility, our community welcomes each guest as they are, free of all labels and stigma.
- Staff Really Care for Each Guest/Staff In Recovery – Our staff members treat all guests with dignity and respect, taking the time to get to know each individual in our care. We believe in providing an environment that is loving, caring, and compassionate. Seeing as many of our staff members are in recovery themselves, they are easily able to relate to what the guest is experiencing; sharing their experience, strength, and hope. Ensuring quality care, all staff members are drug tested on weekly basis to promote a health environment for our guests to recover in.
- Full Time on Duty Medical Staff – Each facility is equipped with medical staff on site 24 hours a day/7 days a week. By having full time medical staff on-site we are able to effectively monitor and tend to each guest’s individual needs. 24/7 medical staff ensures the highest level of safety during the detoxification and/or treatment process.
- 15 Minute Reads – Each of our facilities is equipped with a proximity guard tour system. In each facility, RFID tags are located throughout the building, including all guest rooms. These tags ensure that staff is checking in with each guest every 15 to 30 minutes, depending upon their level of care. This system ensures that each guest’s safety and wellbeing are closely monitored at all times.
- Full Time Chef – A full time Chef is located at each center, preparing fresh meals three times a day for all guests in our care. In addition to three meals a day, snacks, wheatgrass shots, and infused waters are prepared by the Chef daily. By having a Chef onsite, we are easily able to accommodate dietary restrictions, and make accommodations for those that may requirement an alternative meal plan.
- Unlimited Snacks – In addition to fresh meals daily, each center offers additional snack options 24 hours/7 days a week. Guests may choose to eat when they desire, and are not limited to designated dining hours. An assorted variety of snacks and beverages are located in each dining area, and are inclusive of both traditional and healthy options.
- Case Management – Case Managers are located at each facility to accommodate each guest’s individual needs. Each guest will meet with their designated case manager throughout their duration of treatment for assistance in resolving legal, social, and other personal matters. Guidance may include, but is not limited to the following: making medical appointments, filling prescriptions, applying for assistance, resolving legal matters, and coordinating job interviews.
- Guest Outings – We believe that it is extremely important for our guest’s to experience that recovery CAN be fun. Guest activities, outside of our facilities, are regularly incorporated into our treatment program on a weekly basis. Guest activities include, but are not limited to, kayaking, hiking, equine, bowling, and movie outings.
- Holistic Treatment Options – To further enhance our treatment program, we incorporate the usage of holistic treatment modalities to provide our guests with the ultimate healing experience. We believe that healing the body, is an extremely important step in ultimately healing the mind.
Holistic treatment options available to all guests at our facilities include the following treatment services:
- Massage Chairs
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers
- VR Therapy – Our facilities incorporate the usage of cutting-edge evidence based virtual reality (VR) therapy. Each of our treatment programs routinely include VR therapy which has been designed to challenge and educate our guests on how to achieve long term sobriety. Through simulation, guests are reintroduced to realistic, virtual environments that may have been triggering in the past, and are provided the opportunity to create effective solutions for future success.
- Bio Feedback – All facilities are equipped with evidence based therapeutic Bio Feedback Beds. The Bio Feedback Bed provides guests with a personalized full-body audiovisual healing experience. Through virtual travel, rhythmic pulses and soothing sounds, our guests are able to focus on important techniques such as deep breathing, relaxation, and mindfulness.
- Individualized Treatment – At our facilities, we do not believe that “one size fits all” when it comes to providing quality treatment. Our treatment programs are personally individualized based upon each guest’s current needs. Individualized treatment plans address all guest needs, including but not limited to, medical, psychological, social, and vocational aspects.
- Culture Based Healing – Our centers strive to provide a healing atmosphere that is inclusive of Native American cultural customs and practices. In order to promote tribal healing, our centers are 1 of 10 nationally certified Wellbriety White Bison treatment programs. Culturally based tribal groups and activities at our centers include: sweat lodges, beading, drum making, smudging, and cultural ceremonies. We remain committed to reconnecting each guest to the spirit of the world as they progress throughout their recovery journey.
- Length of Stay – Unlike most centers, our guest’s length of treatment stay is not based upon Utilization Review and insurance coverage. Our program lengths of stay are predetermined, and remain standardized for each guest despite insurance benefits available. All guests remain in our care until they have successfully completed the level of care they have chosen to attend. A guest will NEVER be placed onto the streets upon discharge, and alternative placement will always be sought if required.
- Long Term Treatment Options – Once each level of treatment has been successfully completed, guests are provided the option to remain living in our Graduate Housing until they feel fully ready to transition back into society. There is no predetermined amount of time a guest may remain in our care, whether that be weeks or years! We provide this option to our guests, as we believe each individual should comfortably progress at their own pace.
- Sober Studios – Each facility is equipped with a state-of-the-art music recording studio. Sober Studios incorporates music therapy as a way for all guests to channel their feelings, thoughts, and emotions throughout the recovery process. Guests are provided the opportunity during treatment to write lyrics and record audio that is both individually expressive and healing.
- All Levels of Care – In order to limit facility transfers throughout the treatment process, our organization offers all levels of care. A guest may remain in our care for Medical Detoxification, Residential Inpatient, PHP, IOP, Outpatient, and Sober Living. This provides a smooth transition for each guest as they embark upon their recovery journey.
- Certifications – To ensure that our facilities are providing the highest level of care to our guests, we have undergone extension evaluations from each of the top accrediting bodies in the Unites States. Our facilities have proudly received accreditations from the following organizations: The Joint Commission, CARF, CARF-ASAM, NAATP, Wellbriety, and Legitscript. While less than 5% of all treatment centers have receive accreditation from each agency, we believe in ensuring the highest standards of compliance.
- Care Packages – As each guest arrives to our facility, they are welcomed with a Care Package. Each care package provides basic necessities that a guest may need in order to get comfortably settled. The care packages provided upon admission, include, but are not limited to the following items: towels, cups, toiletries, postcards, notebooks, and pens. It is our hope that each guest feels welcomed front the moment they arrive!
- ELEOS – In order to understand more about how our guests are doing between therapy sessions and address areas where additional support is needed, the inclusion of ELEOS is utilized at our facilities. ELEOS is a secured protected platform that records each individual therapy session and provides objective data on the skills that are needed in order for each guest to individually progress in their recovery.
- Elliot Bags – We strongly believe in giving back to our community, and incorporating the participation of both guests and staff in the process. Each week we hand out care bags “Elliot Bags” to the homeless living in our community. Each bag is named for a guest that has previously passed away and includes basic hygiene products and essentials. By including both guests and staff in this process, we are able to further promote the importance of having positive values in life.
- Employment Specialist – Each facility is equipped with an employment specialist that assists each guest throughout the job search process. These specialists aid in matching guests to jobs that best meet their talents and qualifications. We ensure that all guests are ready to enter the workforce by providing resume building classes, interview practice, and work etiquette training. Guests will receive the utmost level of support from staff until employment is secured.
- Alumni Employment – After a guest has remained clean and sober for an extended period of time, they are eligible for employment within our organization. We pride ourselves on having the ability to offer employment to those that were once Alumni of our program, and believe that his or her experience as a previous guest is extremely beneficial to those currently in our care. Our organization promotes the power of second chances, and remains fully committed to providing those same chances to those that have come through our program.
Cascade Heights and Aftercare
During their time with us at Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights, guests are guided through our aftercare program. Cascade Heights’ aftercare treatment is a 12-week program consisting of our partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP). The twelve-week program consists of three phases that are broken down into a four-week period of PHP and two four-week periods of IOP.
As guests navigate our 12-week program, they often reside in Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights’ sober living housing. Once guests successfully complete our twelve-week aftercare program (PHP and IOP) and have obtained employment, they can then move into our Graduate Housing. This level of care acts as a step-down from aftercare’s sober living program. Graduate Housing places accountability back into the hands of the guest while providing further assistance throughout the beginning stages of recovery. During sober living and Graduate Housing, our staff performs routine drug/alcohol testing, along with nightly curfews. Our housing features spacious living quarters and amenities, but most importantly, a safe and sober environment. Cascade Heights’ sober living staff are experts in addiction recovery counseling, available 24/7 for support. Much of our staff are in recovery as well.
Family Involvement In Rehab
Families and loved ones are almost always the first to feel the devastating impact of addiction. Just because a loved one has made it to treatment doesn’t mean those difficulties are over. In fact, families and friends affected by addiction typically need some form of support as well. Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights keeps an open line of communication between each guest’s case manager and family members to provide information and support throughout each phase of treatment. Additionally, we provide free drug screening cups to families or loved ones of our alumni.
To bolster the relationships between our guests and their loved ones, Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights provides a space for family visitation called our Family House. The Family House is a free property located beside Cascade Heights in which families can schedule a time to visit with their loved ones during their time in our 12-week aftercare program and our outpatient program within Graduate Housing.
If you or someone you know is struggling with an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol, please, reach out to us today. Our admissions team is available 24/7 at (509)-596-2269 or (877)-RECOVERY. If you have any more questions about Royal Life Centers at Cascade Heights, please reach out Because We Care.